Our Managing Director Jay Kent has more than 25 years of experience in growth and turn-around companies with deep expertise in supply chain, global/domestic transportation, operations, omnichannel, retail, B2B, 3rd party logistics, vendor management, manufacturing (nutraceutical and pharmaceutical), raw material procurement, contract sales, industrial engineering, inventory planning/allocation, technology deployment, wholesale and C-Suite executive leadership for medium to Fortune 150 companies.
Prior to SLB Performance, Jay was the Chief Supply Chain Officer for General Nutrition Centers (GNC) responsible for end-to-end supply chain from seed to shelf for over 9,100 stores worldwide in over 50 countries, omni channel fulfillment, manufacturing, wholesale and contract sales business. Jay was responsible for the strategy/design and supply chain transformation for several companies in his career. Prior to GNC, Jay held senior executive leadership positons for Kohl’s Department Stores, Linens N Things, Macy’s, Toys R Us and Tiger Direct.
- Designed and led holistic Supply Chain transformation for global specialty retailer with over 9100 stores, wholesale, manufacturing and omni-channel divisions
- Developed and led strategy to reduce logistics costs as a percent of sales by 32% for $16 billion nationwide retailer
- Developed and led holistic expense reduction strategy that resulted in $27 million reduction per year savings while reducing cycle time to customer by 40%
- Led supply chain transformation to reduce inventory levels by 20% in a 12 month timeframe
- Led a cross functional team that reduced the cycle time by 25% for a large growing retailer with sales in excess of $16 billion
- Designed the strategy and implemented the technology/ systems to improve the network productivity by over 120% in 11 nationwide distribution centers
- Re-engineered processes and accountability to improve manufacturing on-time performance by 70% for 30 pharmaceutical and nutraceutical customers
- Led cross functional groups in the design and implementation of formalized Open to Buy (OTB) process to improve accountability and profitability for multiple retailers
Jay’s Expertise Covers
- C-Suite leadership, supply chain, omnichannel, retail, transportation, operations, vendor management, manufacturing, inventory management, industrial engineering, labor management, cost reductions and customer service improvements.
Learn more about SLB Performance
Click here to download our brochure.